How I got on the board of a Community Theatre

So after I decompressed from homeschooling (vegetated for about a year), I gave a though to what I had liked and what I did not like about the activities I'd participated in as the kids grew up.  What I loved the most, was working on costumes, so I volunteered for a few local theatre and eventually, found one that would allow me to costume and learn at the same time.  That was just what I needed.

A year later, and a few hundred costumes later, I was asked to join the board.  Hmmm... Ok.  Not easy, but important.  Cool.

So that is where we are right now.  I love this place.  I love the people.  I love how we entertain, encourage, and include the community.  I want to help raise money for our little theatre, so we can be a big theatre and we can get more kids engaged, we can get more community members creating.  We can make more people like me more involved in the community.

With that said, here is the link to my fundraising page.

https://www.gagivesday.org/c/GGD/a/liveartstheatre/p/ahermitt

This is just one of several fundraising pages for Live arts.  Today is GA Gives Day (Nov 12).  Please give if you are moved at all.  I thank you and Live arts thanks you.

Ps. If you want to visit the main GA Gives Day page for Live Arts, please note that I worked on most of the costumes show.

Thanks.

(main page: https://www.gagivesday.org/c/GGD/a/liveartstheatre/)


No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...