Buried in college paperwork

Please excuse my absence.  I have been up to my eyebrows in taking care of college stuff for my eldest who has transferred from a private to a public college.

I can tell you this though.  Private colleges make the payment and financial aid loan process soooo much easier.  Based on working with two private colleges, and one public, I feel like the public college is completely clueless and non communicative.

Right now I am fearful that classes and dorm rooms will get cancelled because of some paperwork that did not get processed correctly, and I am seriously exhausted trying to figure it all out.

Sooo.. if you are looking at a public college for your kids, I will first say start early, very early to make sure all the t's are crossed, and i's are dotted.  Then, keep checking on things because stuff can blow up at any moment!



1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

In fairness, their counselling and financial aid departments are probably understaffed. A private college knows that at $50,000/year, you'd better make that process seamless. Good luck!!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...