Over two dozen dead in Connecticut School Shooting?

Someone explain to me how you go into a school and kill children.  Here is my summary of the devastation in Newtown Connecticut. 

As of right how, there are still a lot of rumors abound.  The most disturbing of these rumors is that the gunman was the father of a Kindergartener whose intention was to kill his own child (and many others) in retaliation against the other parent.  I don't know if this is true or not.

The consensus is that there were two gunmen, one who killed himself and was about 24.  The  other person may have escaped.

Hug your kids a little tighter today.  I for one am very glad my very, very big son is home from college today, and my daughter is down the hall from me, safely sprawled across her bed reading.  As for me, my heart is sick and hurting for these innocent souls and their parents.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

We bought a house in Newtown in 1986 a block away from the school but something happened and we never lived there... we moved to Cincinnati instead. I guess my dad's job changed. It is a nice suburban town. I would way rather have lived THERE than Cincinnati any day. I can imagine the whole town is reeling. It's not backwoods but it's hardly a metropolis either, and thinking of the long term. The parents who lost children coming across the ones that made it in the grocery store and all that over the next ten years. It would be too much for me as a parent. :(

Ahermitt said...

What a thought, Happy. I'd probably have to move away to prevent a nervous breakdown.

Ahermitt said...

Both of the initial statements were, in fact, rumors. The truth however is just as shocking. We as a country, have to stop making mental health someone else's problem.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...