Last Christmas Chorus Concert

Photo generously provided by another parent
My daughter (and some years my son too), has been in chorus for 6 years.  Last night was my daughter's last Christmas concert  performance as a high school student.  The concert was amazing.  I hope to be able to follow up with this some video... which I myself did not take, but several other parents did.

They started out with sacred music, much of which was performed last month at competition, and as they evening progressed, the music got more jolly, and ended on a positively hilarious note.  And after all was said and done, a few kids got back on the stage and performed "fruitcake", a song they had done in previous years but was not on their program this year.

Here's a list of some of the songs, just to give you an idea of the depth and breadth of the concert:

Bethlehem Procession
Thanks Giving Prayer
Silver Swan
Gloria
Swing Down Sweet Chariot
Dance at the Manger
Tollite Hostias
Feliz Navidad
All I Want for Christmas is You
O Little Town of Hackensack
Good King Kong Looked Out
Jing-a-ling

There were 29 songs in all, and one dance, from 7 Choirs and Ensembles 4 of which my daughter is in.    I asked how she learned all those songs as I was astounded... Her answer...  I don't.  I get familiar with them, then I read them as I sing.

Ohhhh... is that the reason for the binders!


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...