I have little faith in the school's ability to protect our children

I don't feel our local schools (this school is in my general area) are so bad that this could happen to anyone at any moment, but the schools have a reputation of being unable to respond quickly to emergency situations. Just recently, my nephew was there when his friend died in a local school. He may have lived if the people in charge had reacted more quickly and gotten him to a hospital in time. FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

!! 40 minutes with NO medical treatment!!

I could easily see where the sub might have felt she needed to run out and get help if there are FOUR attackers. Mayyybe. It doesn't quite click, though. Don't they have intercoms? Cell phones? She couldn't have gotten a quick response by yelling in the hallway?

I'd also like to hear why exactly these kids felt like they needed to all attack this kid at once. Did he beat someone else before and they are getting revenge? Someone in his family owes the local mafia money or something? Something also doesn't work there, part of the story is left out. I'm sure he didn't deserve it, but something is left out.

Criminal charges? You betya. I do wonder if they will ever report on what happened to the people who did this; stuff like this just doesn't ever get reported on again usually. :(

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

PS Pretty sure you meant "hospital" in that last line of the post. I hope your nephew is ok and knows it is not his fault. There is just no way of knowing the what-ifs but I'm so sorry to read that; too young...

Ahermitt said...

My nephew is not Ok. I don't think he feels like it is his fault, but I know he is hurting.

Then people look at you like you are crazy for not entrusting your kid to them. Ugh.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...