Getting used to online classes

My son can finally access his online classes.  It looks like his teachers are a TON more organized than my daughters teacher.  My sons Physics and Financial Math teachers dropped his assignments into a calendar, so it is clear what has to be done what day.  If he needs to get ahead, due to another obligation, he can still do that, but it is clear how they should pace themselves.

My daughter's Spanish teacher just inserted weekly dates into her syllabus.  Pacing will need to be done ourselves.  Also it is not very easy to determine what she should do.  We had to compare her syllabus to what was online and interpret what needed to be done.  I think we will get the hang of it though.

I feel like being organized and meeting deadlines will be the key to doing well in these classes.  I gave the kids a one subject composition notebook for each class.  We glued the syllabuses in the first few pages, so they can refer back to them and check off what they have done.  As they deduct 10% for each day an assignment is late, it is important to check and re-check deadlines as they progress through the courses.

This in not my ideal way to homeschool, but for older kids about to go out in the world, I feel like they need to get used to dealing with different kind of students while I can still assist them.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hopefully it gets way easier with time.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...