Carnival of Educators 14th Edition Short but Powerful

Welcome to the February 2, 2010 edition of carnival of educators. This is the 14th edition and we are still growing.  If you would like give a go at hosting, please contact ahermitt@gmail.com.  Meanwhile, we prefer to keep the carnival short and powerful as opposed to long and laden down with lists and spam.  This edition is king of no frills... long story, but I am not in my own space with week and so have not been able to focus.  Still, with all of the great entries, I Know you will like it.  Enjoy!


Andrea presents The Inconvenient Truth about Education posted at Examiner.com Education Headlines Blog





Rachel Lynette presents The Three Wrong Choices in Multiple Choice Tests posted at Minds in Bloom.





Chanman presents The core of the problem posted at Buckhorn Road, saying, "My post discusses the decline in discipline expectations in our educational system. What used to get you expelled now might not even get you suspended."




Mathew Needleman presents The iPad…Why Teachers Should Care posted at Creating Lifelong Learners.



Jason Proffitt presents School Sports--How Much Is Too Much?, Part I posted at Inner Education For Inward Educators, saying, "My first post in a series. Examines how sports and high schools should work together. Please respond when accepted/rejected. I thank you so much for doing this. I love carnival of educators."



Carol Richtsmeier presents Teen Media Use, Neil Young & Blue Hair posted at Bellringers.



Nancy Flanagan presents Calculated Risk posted at Teacher in a Strange Land, saying, "Do West Virginia legislators want to micromanage math instruction?"


elementaryhistoryteacher presents Ring Around the History Topic: A Method of Review posted at History Is Elementary, saying, "A little review method I have used in the past comlete with photos....:)"



Denise presents New Edition of Must-Read Math Book posted at Let's play math!, saying, "I thought I knew math fairly well. I thought arithmetic was boring. I thought the reason other nations beat America in international math tests was that their students worked harder than ours. I thought all sorts of silly things before I read Liping Ma’s Knowing and Teaching Elementary Mathematics. . ."



Ginger Watkins presents Lines, angles, and rays! Oh My! posted at Ginger Snaps, saying, "I think this blog can be really useful for elementary and on ocassion, even middle, and high school teachers. I just want to be able to share things that I have learned with others and for others to be able to share what they know as well!"



That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of  carnival of educators using our
carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Technorati tags:  , .


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

1 comment:

Jason P / InnerEd said...

Thanks for choosing InnerEd! I'm proud to have it be part of the Carnival!

Parts I-III of the series are now available on the blog. Part IV will be up in a few days.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...