Responsible Parents must do Some Degree of Homeschooling

I just ran across this interesting advice column where a family psychologist makes some recommendations to a public school mom. He tells her that if her child's teacher is not doing her job, then mom will have to pick up the slack at home. I have often given this same advice myself and am amazed that people look at me blankly when I tell them they have the power to teach their kids outside of public school.

One person in particular has a child who needs a great deal of math help, and I have gone as far as having purchased workbooks and given the parents instructions to help the child, but she seems to feel it is above and beyond the call of duty.

The full article is below.




Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Free Home Ed. Homeschool For Free!

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...